Sunday, September 7, 2008

Twiddling My Thumbs

Well, the baby's asleep and Ben's out of town and I'm not really sure what to do with myself. We had some good adventures this week; Susannah and I went to the zoo with Anna and her ensemble and to Trickle Up to meet some of Ben's coworkers. Ben's got the computer that we upload photos onto with him--he went to D.C. for some conference thingy--so no new photos for this post.

I do have something new to report: Susannah is learning how to get her fuss on. On the way back home to Brooklyn after meeting dad at work in Manhattan, she had a total meltdown on a very crowded Q train. Yes, for about 10 interminable minutes we were that couple with that baby. She's also frequently a very unhappy camper after her bath at night. She's in the tub, everything's cool, we're singing the bathtub song. But somewhere between getting wrapped up in the towel and into her pajamas, something goes terribly wrong and she scrunches up her face and wails for a while and not even the "How Much is That Doggy in the Window" mobile makes it better.

The fussing was distressing at first, but on the upside, it doesn't go on forever and it does seem as if she is finding her voice. Often times the cry has this babble quality to it, awah, awah, awah, a why do you do this to me when you know I don't like it, mwah, mwah, mwah. Clearly she is an advanced communicator.

Here's some shots from our Chatt. trip last month.






























4 comments:

Moonpie said...

Susannah is, as you say, finding her voice. And believe me, 20 minutes is nothing. If only I had recorded your 2 hour (every night, about 10 pm to midnight)whaling 29 years ago - as if I could have been in any state to do anything other than sit down and cry myself!Grandmas Jill and Moonpie will take over this weekend. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see that sweet girl and her mom even if Susannah has moments she needs to melt down. Grandmas are ready and anticipating...

Beth said...

She was extra good today so maybe she'll be on her best behavior this weekend. Friday will be here before we know it!

Anonymous said...

We can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!