Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Party: Chicago Edition

Much to my surprise, Susannah and I ended up going a little trip that I had planned months ago, before all the medical stuff got so out of hand. She has been doing very well lately and so we decided to go for a long weekend to meet up with old and new friends in Chicago.

It was a reunion of friends from my days at CU-Boulder. All the adults featured in these pictures were once 18-year-olds running loose in the same dormitory. The last time we hung out was when Tracy and Mike got married in October 2007. Three days before their wedding I found out I was pregnant and these girls were the first people I told. And now Tracy and Mike have precious baby Cate -- only 10 weeks old -- so it was time for a baby party, Chicago-style.

Here's Tracy and I still a little shocked that we are old enough to have babies.















Dawn, Tracy, me, Emily and strollers at the Lincoln Park Zoo.















The new bff's.



















Susannah was being flirtatious all weekend with Cate's dad Mike. I told her repeatedly that he was too old for her.



















We turned their two-bedroom apartment into one long slumber party. It was sort of like the dorms again, only with babies instead of pot....















.... and with a lot better food. Chef Dawn cooked the most amazing meals for us with Emily as her co-pilot.



















All in all, it was a much needed break for mommy and baby. Thanks to the Cassidys for hosting! Maybe next time.... Disney World?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to renew the spirit. And of course Susannah is cuter than ever!

BSA said...

thanks mom! i needed a good blog update at work.

pops

Moonpie said...

Me too, mom, I have been dying to see and hear about the Chicago trip. Pot? You smoked pot in college??

GMP