Wednesday, December 9, 2009

On and On














Grandma Moonpie letting me reach for something I am probably not supposed to have.



















Cruising the hallway at Pat and Peter's on Thanksgiving














Checking out my auntie's boyfriend













Making myself at home with the hors d'oeuvres



















Getting into the one kitchen cabinet that mom doesn't want me to get into.



















Now I can rock a ponytail, sort of.


Well I wish I could say that we've been too busy to update the blog because we've been having too much fun, but the fact is it has been a rough around here lately.

It didn't start out that way. Mom was here the weekend before Thanksgiving, and Susannah recovered from her UTI went shopping and had lots of fun with Grandma Moonpie. Thanksgiving Day we had a fabulous dinner with Pat and Peter on the Upper West Side. Susannah was a total rockstar and stayed up til nearly 10pm. We snoozed and played and enjoyed a completely stress free weekend.

that Sunday though, S came down with a runny nose and by Monday morning her chest just didn't sound right. One doctor thinks she has asthma while the other thinks it is too early to tell. At any rate, now we have a nebulizer at home and Susannah was on all kinds of medicine for several days. A week later she seemed much better but her appetite was still down. Then she started having some diarrhea, which I thought was just her body expelling the mucus, but then she threw up last night and this morning and so I was back on the phone with the doctor.

She seemed better by the end of the day and hasn't thrown or had anymore diarrhea, and she was able to eat some breads and fruits. So I think whatever this is is on its way out, at least that is my fervent prayer.

People, I don't know what to tell you. I really miss the fun, robust, eating everything Susannah. My nerves can't take much more of this.

3 comments:

Moonpie said...

Grandma Moonpie sends her love and fervent hope that things continue to improve to bring little Sus back to rock star status. December 18 is coming soon, and you will have some help.

Much love GMP

Jill said...

It does go on and on...
Love the ponytail and all the adorable pictures. A big hug to the best parents in the world.

Christie said...

I am here! Time for a little fun for the Aplins.